Social Media Coordinator
Hourly, Non-Exempt, 10-20 hrs/wk
Maintains a strong online presence on the San Diego Air & Space Museum’s main social media sites. Creates and posts all content to highlight Museum activities and events, with occasional assistance from other Museum departments. Engages with Museum’s social media followers and acts as point of contact for customers. Assists Director of Marketing and Communications in marketing, advertising and media relations campaigns through social media.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and posts relevant content on a regular basis on the Museum’s main social media sites, including -- but not limited to -- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and Pinterest.
- Assists the Director of Marketing and Communications in marketing, advertising, and media relations campaigns through social media.
- Collaborates with other Museum departments to highlight Museum activities and events.
- Develops and manages a social media posting schedule with regard to significant dates in air and space history and current news.
- Uses feedback from social media followers and platform analytics to improve social media outreach.
- Engages with followers and acts as a point of contact on Museum social media pages while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Responds to reviews on Google, Yelp, and Trip Advisor.
- Researches social media trends and changes/updates on social media platforms. This may include expansion to other social media channels.
- Prepares, generates, and reports social media traffic for all social media pages.
- Available for some night and weekend events.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in a business capacity as well as scheduling tools such as Hootsuite.
- Command of spoken and written English language, including editing skills.
- Access to a working smartphone.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Interest in and ability to learn and implement current social media strategies.
- Basic knowledge of best practices for social media.
- Ability to adapt language tone and messaging for different audiences.
- Basic knowledge and willingness to learn about the air and space fields as represented by the Museum’s collections.
- Ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred, but not required.
Work may be performed in an office environment, museum environment, or field environment. Slight physical activity, requiring handling of light-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than five (5) hours per day. No or very limited exposure to physical risk. The Museum is a non-smoking, drug-free workplace. Some evenings and weekends are required.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary history to: email@example.com
Director of Marketing and Communications