POSITION: Facilities Technician
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
A Facilities Technician is responsible for providing maintenance and custodial services to the Museum as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Opens and / or closes the Museum daily which includes using and maintaining audio / visual and other computerized equipment.
- Once certified; operates Museum vehicles and assists with their maintenance.
- Maintains and cleans displays, equipment, floors, carpets, windows and restrooms.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Facilities Manager which may include but are not limited to assembly of furniture and other mechanical devices, light construction and electrical work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Willingness to learn.
- Must be dependable with excellent attendance.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to follow written and spoken instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Experience working with hand and powered tools.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics.
- Valid driver’s license and current auto insurance. Good driving record required.
Work is performed in a number of environments which may include hot, cold, noisy, dusty, close spaces or at heights. Standing and / or walking for six or more hours per day and heavy physical activity is periodically required, including the handling of objects up to 50 pounds. The Museum is a non-smoking, drug-free workplace. Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check are required.
To apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org