DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain exhibits on gallery floor throughout the museum
- Repair damaged or worn exhibit components as required
- Provide general assistance in the maintenance of artifacts as needed
- Perform other duties as benefit the museum at directors discretion
- Ability to perform handyman functions including painting
- Travel to pick up donations as needed
- Assists with minor exhibit tasks as needed
- Assists other departments with equipment moving needs as required
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year experience in field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience with carpentry, rigging, surface preparation, plastics, signage, graphics, plumbing, organization, warehouse, inventory, electrical, low voltage electrical, communication equipment and connection, cabling, adhesives and caulking, fabrication, video, computer software and the application there of, clean up, landscaping, sweeping, demolition, trouble shooting, dusting, painting interior and exterior, automotive finishes and clear coats.
- A strong mechanical aptitude with an understanding of commonly accepted automotive and construction techniques.
- Must be able to work on his/ her own and be self-motivated and driven to produce the highest quality work product achievable.
- Must be able to understand and execute detailed instruction.
- Must be able to work closely with all members of the exhibits team.
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluent English.
- Familiar with industry standard safety practices including prior Cal OSHA /Fed OSHA training and certification.
- Familiar with the use and application of personal protective equipment.
- Familiarity with a wide array of hand and power tools with emphasis on the correct use of each specific tool.
- Comfortable working from ladders of varied heights
- Must possess and maintain a current California driver’s license, have a clean driving record, and possess auto insurance.
Work is performed in a multitude of environments including hot, cold, noisy, dusty, confined spaces. Heavy physical activity is periodically required, including the handling of heavier objects occasionally exceeding 50 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than eight (8) hours per day. Limited exposure to physical risk. The Museum is a non-smoking, drug-free workplace.
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org