Position: Facilities Engineer
Classification: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt.
Supervisor: Facilities Manager
The Facility Engineer provides technical support to the Museum. The successful candidate will be experienced in a wide variety of technical skills including but not limited to, electronics, plumbing and HVAC.
Work is performed in a number of environments which may include hot, cold, noisy, dusty, close spaces or at heights. Standing or walking for six or more hours per day and heavy physical activity is periodically required, including the handling of objects up to 50 pounds. The Museum is a non-smoking, drug-free workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Facilities staff providing technical training and oversight.
- Coordinates with and directs vendors providing services to the Museum.
- Oversees maintenance of the Museum’s vehicles and lift trucks.
- Oversees maintenance of the Museum’s motion attractions.
- Managing projects from initial concept through completion.
- Improving equipment up-time and reducing operating costs by developing and implementing process and
- material improvements.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Facility Manager.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Maintaining building plumbing.
- Facility electrical systems.
- HVAC systems.
- CAD software.
- Project management from analysis to design and cost estimates through completion and verification.
- Troubleshooting complex mechanical & electrical systems.
- Security, safety, environmental and ADA compliance.
- Training employees in technical disciplines / skills.
A valid driver’s license is preferred and if licensed; current auto insurance and a good driving record are required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum five years experience in a related field.
- Must be dependable with excellent attendance.
- Must be able to think creatively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must have extensive experience working with hand and powered tools.
- Must be computer literate and be able to perform basic mathematics.
- Must be willing to learn new professional skills.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check are required.