working at the museum
Thank you for your interest in working at the San Diego Air & Space Museum. The Museum believes in the empowerment of its people and that it's the people of an organization that creates success. The Museum believes in fair treatment to all, values diversity and is a committed Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diverse and talented staff identifies and supports our mission.
We encourage you to review our posted jobs and apply for a specific opening. Applying for a position helps us understand your skills and interests and allows us to contact those whose qualifications appear to most closely match position requirements. We regret that due to the number of applications we receive, we cannot respond personally to all of the highly qualified applicants who contact us. If you do not hear back from us, please feel free to check our openings and submit additional applications for other positions.
Notice: It is the policy of The San Diego Air & Space Museum to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Supervisor: President & CEO
The San Diego Air & Space Museum (SDASM) seeks an energetic and detail oriented individual with strong organization and communication skills for the position of Executive Assistant to the President/CEO. This is a high-profile position requiring professionalism, attention to detail, and confidentiality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Confidential assistant to the Museum President/CEO
- Performs all necessary office duties related to the office of the President/CEO
- Oversee office administration functions
- Maintain contacts for staff, board members, volunteers, visitors
- Assist with Museum event sponsorship packages
- Manage event registration and attendee/honoree contact
- Prepare and edit correspondence with great attention to detail
- Create Power Point presentations
- Accept and place phone calls
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Schedule President's appointments and maintain calendar
- Prepare material for various meetings including making meal arrangements
- Agenda development
- Arrange flight and hotel reservations for staff
- Manage Board of Director meeting correspondence (emails, minutes, etc.)
- Maintain contact records
- Office supplies ordering
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality
- Other tasks as determined by the President
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Communication, Tourism/Hospitality, History, or related fields.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Extensive experience with a variety of office software applications, particularly Microsoft Office.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in the performance of responsible administrative work.
- Self-motivated with great attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and accomplished assigned tasks within established timelines including maintaining accurate records and files.
Salary range: commensurate with experience.
Application procedure: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.