Edwin D. McKellar Pavilion of Flight

Edwin D. McKellar Pavilion of Flight

The center section of the museum was originally constructed as an open courtyard with 22,000 square feet of uncovered exhibit space. Over the years, the museum added a PBY-5A Catalina flying boat, MiG-17, and an F-4S Phantom II to this open-air display area.

Today, the old courtyard has given way to a new, covered Pavilion of Flight. This fully enclosed area also houses a 1928 Ford Tri-Motor passenger plane in Pan American Airways colors and a Vietnam-era Huey Cobra helicopter gunship. These legends come alive with striking effect under the fabric and metal domed cover of the Pavilion of Flight during nighttime dinners and special events.

rounded bottom