set up a tour today
Contact our education department today to set up your tour of the Museum.
Our exhibit galleries have a lifetime's worth of learning opportunities in themselves. And our guided tours bring the stories of flight to life! Our docent-guided tours give visitors insight into the unique people, aircraft and spacecraft that made (and continue to make) history. Our docents are highly dedicated experts with an extensive knowledge of air and space history, technology, and interpretive skills.
The tours are designed for Grade 3 and up: younger students are welcome to take a self-guided tour of the museum with their teachers.
more tour information
- Tours are free to Title One school groups from San Diego County, if an advance reservation is made.
- All other school groups, including all out-of-county schools, receive a discounted group rate when making advanced reservations.
- Reservations must be made at least seven business days in advance.
- Any group without a reservation must pay the regular group rate at the admissions desk.
- One adult supervisor is required for every ten students (one per five for students under six years of age). Additional adults must pay the regular admission fee.
- Supervisors must remain with the group and are responsible for the students' supervision, their behavior, and the safety of the students and exhibits.
- Tours do not include special exhibitions.